Monday, October 8, 2012

A run of bad luck

I swear lately, I'd have no luck at all if it wasn't for bad luck.

I run a day care out of my home and my income depends on having my spots filled. In just the past 2 weeks, I've had 2 spots open. One because mom is moving, the other because dad lost is job. Yeah, it's sucks for the dad too, but at least he gets unemployment from his job.

I did get a phone call from a mom looking for daycare.  We met, talked but I wasn't feeling good about it from the beginning so wasn't to surprised when mom called tell me they choose another daycare. In fact, I was kinda of relieved in a I dodged a bullet kind of way. A 2 year old, never had a sitter, ever, let alone been in daycare, never naps without nursing to sleep, and his whole schedule would be flip flopped for 11+ hours of care a day....yeah, um, no thanks. I would have been willing to try, but I wouldn't have been looking forward to it.

So I put an add in the paper and so far, no calls. It's really starting to make me depressed. With the holidays coming up, I'm always stressed out, this is just making it worse! Wheres a good pity party when you need one?! Things seem to go from bad to worse somedays. All I can hope is that business picks up soon and be thankful for all the good things I have.

Now, to turn my sob story and hopefully my luck around. I'm going to look on the bright side of things and hope my string of bad lucks ends soon.

A good start to my week so far was the two great prizes I recently got! Yesterday, a $50 card from an instant win game came in the mail. Today, my favorite big white truck pulled up outside. Fed-ex dropped off two memory foam pillows I won a few weeks ago. Things can only get better from here....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment