Friday, October 19, 2012

Fridays Yummy Recipe: Layered Chicken Wing Dip

I may have mentioned a time or two that I love to cook. One of my families favorite game day recipes is Chicken Wing dip. And yes, it's as good as it sounds! This is a simple and quick recipe, the best kind if you ask me. It's also something I can make without a lot of planning because the ingredients are things I usually have on hand. Ingredients are:
  • Chicken breast, boiled and shredded
  • Cream cheese
  • Ranch or Blue cheese dressing
  • Chicken wing sauce
  • Shredded cheese, I use Cheddar/Monterey Jack blend
First thing I do is boil chicken breast. While that's boiling, I put a layer of cream cheese on the bottom of my pan. The cream cheese needs to be room temperature. If it's not, a few seconds in the microwave makes it super easy to spread. Second layer is shredded chicken.

My food processor works great for this step. Then I add the chicken wing sauce and about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese to the chicken. For measuring the sauce, I start with about 1/8 cup of sauce and add a little more at a time until it's just spicy enough. This layer goes on top of the cream cheese. Then a thin layer of ranch or blue cheese dressing. Top with just a light layer of cheese. Bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour, or until it's all bubbly and delicious.
This makes enough to share with all your friends. It's perfect for parties or get togethers. We make this ever year for our family BBQ's and birthday parties. One thing I love about this is you can make it as hot or mild as you want. I'm not a fan of super spicy foods, and the cream cheese and ranch dressing help cool it down. I serve them with tortilla chips, perfect for dipping.

Serve on a better plate with tortilla chips for a great game day snack!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment