Monday, October 15, 2012

And the weekends gone....

It seems like I went to bed on Friday and woke up on Monday morning. Where did the weekend go to? Does anyone know?

Friday ended on a sour note. Two phone calls from the kids schools are not the best way to end the week. Seems someone thinks that homework is optional this year. Hmmm. Seems to me not doing homework is a great way to get your phone taken away. I don't think I'll ever understand what goes through a child's head sometimes.

I was so looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. I have no idea what happened. All I know is it went by way too fast. Saturday was a busy day filled with laundry and dishes, track meets and boy scout merit badge day. Sunday I woke up to the hubby shampooing the carpets in the daycare area. This actually made excited! I had to order a part for my steam cleaner, and it finally came on Friday. I was more excited than anyone should be to clean my carpets.

But you see, once we started cleaning, I couldn't stop. So that meant we moved all the toys around once we had the carpets done. What should have been an hour tops, ended up being an all day project. After moving things around, I notice that I have a big open space on my wall. It was really bugging me, so I ordered some cool classroom posters and a weather bear to fill the space. I can't wait to see the kids faces when they walk in and see the new daycare room. I'm expecting looks of confusion mixed with excitement.

Now that everything's clean I'm doing a bad thing. I'm thinking about Christmas. Its only October and I'm thinking about where we are going to put the tree and what color lights we should put on our porch. I haven't even gotten pumpkins yet for Halloween, and I'm already thinking of Christmas. I blame the hubby for making me clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment